The outdoor gas grill is for the use and enjoyment of Carillon House Association residents and their guests. As with all of the amenities, Association fees fund the upkeep and maintenance, so please be responsible. At the end, please read how to access the key’s.
Anyone using the gas grill is advised:
- Use of the grill is at your own risk.
- No one under 18 years of age may use the grill.
- Never leave children or pets near a hot grill.
- Grill Hours are the same as pool hours and during the months of March through October.
- Use the grill to cook food only – never use the grill as a source of heat.
- Do not move the grill.
- Always keep the lid open when lighting a gas grill; this will prevent gas-build up and the flash resulting from it.
- Do not wear loose clothing while grilling, and watch for dangling apron strings and shirtsleeves.
- Never, ever leave the grill unattended. If you must step away for a moment, turn the grill off until you return, or designate another person to keep an eye on the grill.
- Do not hog the grill. Be considerate and do not monopolize the grill. Even if there is no one visibly waiting on you, finish as quickly as is required for your food to be done and do not dawdle. You never know who is watching from a window for you to wrap up.
- Be aware of smoke. Gas grills typically do not smoke. If the grill is smoking particularly badly, or the wind is wafting back towards the building, close the lid, turn down the heat and/or scrape off the grate. Do not burn your food.
- As soon as you finish cooking, start to clean so you can be finished quickly for the next person. Use a barbecue brush or tin foil ball to scrape the cooking grates. Use paper towels and spray cleaner on the entire area, including the counter, the grill knobs and the outside of the grill, especially where raw meat many have touched. Leave it better than you found it.
- Be aware that there is no running water next to the grill. Use the restroom sink if necessary and you may also want to bring a wash rag with you to the grill.
- All cookware and food must be removed from the grill area after use.
- Please clean the area around the grill after each use.
- Please place all trash in the trash receptacles.
- Before you leave, double and triple check that the grill is turned off, and the gas is off and shut tightly.
- Report any issues with the grill or gas to management immediately.
- Do not change the propane tank if you are not familiar with doing so. Please ask someone else for help.
Accessing the Key
The keys for the grill and the extra storage tank are located in a lock box just inside the security door near the first floor restrooms. It is a little black box on the wall. Please remove only 1 set. When finished with the grill always lock it back up the way you found it and replace the keys back into the lock box. The code for the lock box must remain behind the owner protected area of our website for security purposes. If you are a resident but lease instead of owning you can still use the grill. Please ask Apple Management or the maintenance staff for the code. Click Here to be redirected to a Password Protected Page With grill combination for the lock box containing the keys.